Tuesday, October 10, 2017

All things Fall Part 1

     So I love fall.  The crisp weather allows me to were my favorite boots, jeans, and sweaters.  I love decorating for the fall and the vibrant colors of the leaves.  In the fall football on the TV is a must.  Family movie nights become more often as the sun sets earlier. As a family we enjoy outings to the pumpkin patch and to other fall events that have become family traditions. 
  
     I enjoy the smell of warm soup cooking on the stove and hot coco in my cup.   The smell of home made breads come into our home more and more in the fall.  Fall is the time when I do some canning.  I can apple butter, spaghetti sauce, and a few other things.

    I enjoy planning fall activities for our family.  Every fall our church homeschool group does a harvest party.  New this year our youth group will be going to a local pumpkin farm.  We will be having a bonfire, food and fun.  The last couple years, our neighborhood has been doing some fun Halloween night things for the kids also.  

     By mid October I start to plan Thanksgiving.  We are blessed to be able to take the whole week of Thanksgiving off.  I do most of the cooking so it can take me almost 4 days to cook every thing.  I try to get pies done earlier in the week and have a schedule of things I make or prep each day Monday-Thursday of that week.  The kids don't get off the hook and get to do nothing all week. They are on cleaning and cooking prep duty also.  J- our 17 year old is an amazing cook, even though he does not think he is.  Each of the kids have a dish they like to help with.

     This month I am hoping to share with you all some of the fun things we do, how to plan a Thanksgiving meal and much more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...