Saturday, October 28, 2017

What God is teaching me in my Quiet Time (Devotional:Soul Detox)

     Maybe I should start with what a quiet time is.  This is time I take during my day to read the Bible and pray.  Many times I read devotionals on different topics also.  Most of the time I use the Bible App for my quiet times. I am going through a devotional right now called Soul Detox, by: Pastor Craig Groeschel and Life Church.  It is a 35 day plan,  I am on day 17 and I am learning so much.

     So during my quiet times I try and find verses that I can apply to my daily life and focus on during the day and week.  During daily life we can sometimes forget that what we are putting into our minds and what comes our of our mouths can be toxic to ourselves and to those around us.  I know that this was a much needed devotional for my life.  I hope the verse and what I have learned so for can be an encouragement to you.

"Not only should we speak life-giving words to others, but we should also speak them to our circumstances and ourselves.  The toxic words we speak to ourselves can be some of the most dangerous." -Craig Groeschel

This was a quote from day 14 of this devotional.

This quote made me thing about what I am saying to my family and what I am saying to myself.  What I am I believing about those around me and about myself.  What does God think about others and about me?

here is a verse from the reading on day 14:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
-Mark 11:24-25

Check out the devotionals on the Bible App

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...