Wednesday, October 25, 2017

All Things Fall -Part 2

   So one thing I enjoy in the fall is braking out the soup recipes.  This week has gotten colder, and will not get to warm again until Spring.  So on our menu for the next two week I have a lot of soups planed out.

   So on Tuesday night I made carrot soup and lemon pepper chicken nuggets.  I will share the carrot soup recipe I use.  It is from The Pioneer Woman with my own little twist.

Carrot Soup: about 8 Servings

3lbs of baby carrots
2 quarts of chicken or veggie stock
2 sprigs of Thyme
1/3 cup honey or if you are out of honey you can use 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream ( sometimes use up to a cup)
4 oz.  of cream cheese


1. Put carrots, Thyme, and Stock in a stock pot.  Bring to a boil and hen let is simmer for 45min to 1 hour.

2. Take the stems of the thyme out.  Use an emergen blender to blend the carrots smooth.  If you don't have one you can do this with a blender in to batches.  It will be very hot, do be cautious.

3. Once smooth add in the cream cheese and heavy cream stir until the cream cheese has melted.  Taste and add slat and pepper if needed.

For the Lemon Pepper Chicken Nuggets:

2-3 chicken breast.  I cube them up
lemon pepper seasoning

1. I put all the pieces of chicken into a gallon size baggie.
2. Add the seasoning, and close the bag.
3. move the chicken around in the bag until the coated.
4. cook the chicken in a frying pan, I like cast iron skillets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...