Monday, October 30, 2017

Senior Year!

     As we are getting ready to graduate our first homeschool senior this spring, I am realizing how much there is to it.  I knew there would be getting transcripts ready, making plans for what collage he want to attend, and getting ready for graduation.  I never thought about how finding scholarships and some of the other deadlines and things that we would have to look into.  How at times I feel over whelmed.  I am so thankful for the families we know that have walked these steps before us and are more than happy to help if they can.  As we go during this senior year I will write about what we have learned, in hopes that it can help someone.

     This first right of passage of our senior that we took care of was his senior pictures.  I had though about doing them myself, but a good friend of ours ask if she could do them as a gift, plus she wanted to get practice with a new lens she had gotten, lol. I will share with you all some of his pictures.

     The next thing that we had not fully thought through was the fact he has to take the ACT test.  I knew in the back of my mind he needed to, but until this fall it slipped my mind.  So a slight homeschool "guidance councilor" fail.  It will work out and he will be taking the test in December.  I am trying my hardest to work on his transcript, but I have also not done very well with that.  I am lucky we use a computer based program for high school now. But his first two years we did not so I am going back over some things to find final grades.  Fail number two, on my part.  I told him the other day that I feel bad because he is the child that we are learning all this on and I was sorry for not being more on top of things.  In my opinion it is ok to and we need to apologize to our kids. I am looking forward to sharing more of our senior year journey with you all.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...