Monday, November 13, 2017

Family Laundry!

    Our house hold is large.  In our household there is our four kids, my mom, my father-in-law, my aunt and my husband and I.  Yes we are a house hold of nine.  I sat down trying to decide how to do that much laundry.  So I decided to make up a schedule.  I have two family members on most days Monday - Friday.  Bathroom and Kitchen towels are a couple times a week.  I try not to have to do laundry on Saturdays and Sundays.

     My kids started helping with laundry when they were about 5 years old.  It started with them putting thing in their dirty clothing in baskets and helping put away clean laundry.  As they got older they helped more and more.  Now my kids do all their own laundry, some times they have to learn the hard way that if they don't do their laundry then they don't have clean clothing.

     I feel that teaching our children at a young age to help with their laundry and then do their laundry as they get a little older is a valuable life skill.   We are raising future adults, not children.  Ok let me say this yes my kids have had freedom to be kids.  On the flip side of that, they also have been thought to clean up after themselves with age appropriate chores. I want my kids to be good room mates and some day a good husband or wife.

     My hope is to post more tips about cleaning and decorating our homes.


Until next time
Pitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...