Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Warm Comfort!

     One thing I love on cold days is the warmth of hot chocolate.  For a short time as I drink my warm cup of hot chocolate, I feel life stresses melt away.  Tonight as I am writing this I am drinking a cup.  After the long day I had, I needed it.  Tonight's cup of hot chocolate is full of peppermint, whipped cream, and crushed candy canes.



   Another way I find warm comfort is in God's Word.  I know the days I don't start off reading the Bible and getting time alone with my Savior, are the days that don't go as I planed.  Well let me say that it bothers me more on those days when things don't go as planed.  On those days I have learned that I need to stop everything I can and read, pray, cry out to God.

     One thing that a guest pastor talked about at our churches marriage conference this past spring was that it is ok for us to express our emotions to God.  He can handle it if we need to yell and cry out to Him.  Yes, you heard me we can yell at God if we are upset. It is ok to get upset with God when you feel things are to much.  David yelled at God, have you ever read Psalms?  David yells at God a lot in Psalms.   Let it out, and give it to God.

     I know that not everything is solved by this, but you can ask God to help you.  To help you get through the pain of loss.  That pain may never truly go away, but you can cry out to God to help you work through the feelings you are going through.  He is there of His children, he wants to hold us and help us.  He can help us endure physical pain, cry out to Him, he is the great physician.  If you fell lost and drowning in life He can help with that too.  We just need to ask for His help.

     That is what God is teaching me lately.  To lean on Him, during all aspects of my life.  He is there for me.  He want me to ask Him for help.  What is God teaching you?

Until Next Time,
Pitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...