Monday, November 6, 2017

Soul Detox Devotional I am working through.

     I am still reading through the Soul Detox Devotional this week in my quite time.  You can find it on the Bible App. It is by Pastor Craig Groeschel from Life Church.

     This week is about cultural toxins.  The first day of this week talks about were do cultural toxins come from?  They come from music, magazines, movies, television, and so may other places.  Cultural toxins are things that are culturally acceptable, but if we are living for God are not,  according to His standards.  Craig Groeschel challenges the reader with the following.  "What are some of the cultural toxins you currently have in your life?  How have you seen these toxins pollute your life?"

     I was challenged with this a few years ago also by one of our pastors through a sermon he gave.  At the time it was season 2 or 3 of Grey's Anatomy.  That show for me was a cultural toxin.  Many may disagree with me, but for me I was challenged in my heart by God.  I have not seen an episode since.

     When I was a young Christian I was challenged by God with the music I was listening too.  I was a young single mom of boys.  Did I want my sons to listen to music that degraded women, talked about inappropriate things in this life, or about killing people?  That is not what I wanted my children hearing and I knew that was not what I should be listening too.  For the most part we only listen to Christian music and we are selective of the other music we allow in our home.  Once again this is some thing I have felt placed on my heart.  Not everyone has the same convictions, and that is ok.

The verses for todays devotional are:

[Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.  It is not good to eat too much honey, nor is it honorable to search out matters that are too deep.
Proverbs 25:26-27]

[Dear friends, do not imitate what is evil but what is good.  Anyone who does what is good is from God.  Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.
3 John 1:11]

So dear reader my challenge to you is to get alone with God and ask Him what are the cultural toxins in your life? How can you remove any that are influencing your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...