Sunday, March 31, 2019

Proverb 31 Wife: Part 3 Bringing Her Food From Afar

     She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.  She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.  She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. -Proverbs 31:13-15 (NIV)

     Lets look at this verse in the message translation.  It gives a better insight into how this works for todays wife.

     She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing.  She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway places and brings back exotic surprises.  She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day.
- Proverb 31:13-15 (MSG)

     So let me break this section down.  "She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."  So to me this verse is saying as a wife we need to be choosing our clothing materials carefully.  Are they good quality?  Are they durable? Ok I know some of you might be saying I don't like kitting or sewing.  Ok I get that.  I think we as wives should at least know how to sew on a button.  I learned how to sew when I was younger.  I took a home economics class in Junior High and in High School.  I also had my grandma that taught me how to sew a little.  As I have gotten older I have found some enjoyment in crocheting.

     "She is like the merchant ship, bringing her food from afar."  I feel that in this part it is saying that as a wife we need to be looking for the best deals on food.  I feel that we need to try new recipes for our family.  Not all the time but every once and awhile.  learn a recipe from your husbands favorite place.  Almost 2 years ago I learned how to make Sushi.  I surprised my husband on our anniversary in 2017 with a Sushi dinner at home.  I have found copy cat recipes from places like Olive Garden, Applebee's, and may other places.  I ask my husband what kind of new things we should try.
This was the Sushi dinner that I made.


     "She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day."  Getting up and making breakfast for your family is a good thing.  I love cooking for my family.  I don't always like cooking for my family, truthfully. I have days were I am burned out and I don't want to cook.  I have found that doing freezer meals has helped me out a lot.  So does menu planning.  Ladies we need to have a good idea for what are day holds.  I we are cleaning, getting meals done, have a play date, homeschooling, kids actives, church actives, and the many other things that we do during our days.  It is good to have a schedule, but one that can flexible.  We need to be good stewards of our time.

     I am constantly checking myself about how I am doing in these areas.  Am I being a good steward in my home? Am I giving my all to the jobs God has placed in my life?  One key is to find a good system to help you plan your day, your menu, and any other things you need to organize.  My challenge to you is to work on organizing your day, or menu planning.

Until next time,
Pitters

 A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds. 
Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it. 
Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long. 
She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing. 
She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway places and brings back exotic surprises. 
She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day.


 She looks over a field and buys it, then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden. 
First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. 
She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day. 
She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth, diligent in homemaking. 
She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor. 
She doesn't worry about her family when it snows; their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear. 
She makes her own clothing, and dresses in colorful linens and silks. 
Her husband is greatly respected when he deliberates with the city fathers. 
She designs gowns and sells them, brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops. 
Her clothes are well-made and elegant, and she always faces tomorrow with a smile. 
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly. 
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, and keeps them all busy and productive. 
Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise:



 "Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all!" 
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!

Proverb 31:10-31 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...