Friday, June 7, 2019

Proverb 31 Wife Part 11: How are We at Home with Our Families

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
- Proverb 31:28

     Looking at this verse I feel God is telling me that it does not matter how "holy" I am to everyone outside of my home.  Our true character comes out at home, with our husband and children.   We need to show all the characteristics of the Fruit of the Spirit in our home.  Not just in public!

But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Galatians 5:22-23

     We don't get to pick and choose the ones we like and only show them.  We are called to show all of them to everyone.  Even when we think our kids or husbands don't "deserve" it.  1 Corinthians tells us what love is.

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious.  Love does not brag, it is not puffed up.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4

     I know I have days when a fall so short of this.  I have times when I need to humble myself to my husband or kids and ask for forgiveness.  We have a Father in Heaven that will forgive us when we don't remember what he asks of us.  I think the point is to know when you are following God lead and when you have stepped off the path.  Stepping off the path of showing our family the love that God asks us to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...