Monday, April 15, 2019

Proverbs 31 Wife Part 5: Helping Those In Need

She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
-Proverbs 31:20 (NIV)


     This one at times we can all turn a blind eye to.  We will be the first to help with collecting things for people that have lost everything to flood, fire, and other natural disasters.  I know I don't have an issue doing that.  But what about the veteran on the street corner, the single mom or dad that needs a helping hand, your neighbor who just needs to know they are welcome, or the other many countless people we see in need.  In need of prayer, food, clothing, love, and so much more.

     We are called not only as wives to help the needy and poor.  We are called first and for most as believers to help, even if it is just a cup of cold water. So what are some ways to help those we see in need?

     We have done Blessing bag before. We then have them in our car and pass them out to the homeless that are standing on the corner holding signs.  We took gallon size baggies and put things like toothbrush, tooth paste, granola bars, water bottles, tuna salad/chicken salad kits that don't need refrigeration, fruit cups, a bottle of water, socks, famine products, and a track.

     We have helped at a local shelter before, make meals, packaging Christmas gifts for families, and helped deliver Thanksgiving dinners to families in need.  We have packed boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  We have helped "adopt" families at Christmas time.  As well as other ways, I point of me telling you this is not to brag.  Our family in the past has been the recipients of some similar blessing.  My point is this, we can find ways in our communities to help those in need.  Even something as simple as a cup of cold water.

What else does the Bible say about helping those in need? Here are a couple verses:

Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
-Matthew  5:42



For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'LORD, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'






-Matthew 25:35-40






I found over 100 verse on this subject and picked the two above.  You can look more up if you like.  I find looking up things to help me understand what God is saying to me on different topics.  I encourage you to do so also.






Until Next Time,





Pitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...