Friday, May 24, 2019

Proverbs 31 Wife Part 9: Speaking With Wisom

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
-Proverbs 31:26

     Our biggest calling as a wife and mother is to speak God's truth to our families.  Our children are our first line disciples.  What I mean by this is, our children are a captive audience.  We should be ministering to them first and for most.  It is not bad to be ministering to other women, there is a time for that.  God has given us warriors for his kingdom,  we need to be content in this job.  Our lives should be a living testimony to our family, friends and other around us.

     How can we speak with wisdom and have faithful instruction be on our tongue?  First we need to be seeking God's truth, his words, and instruction.  This happens when we are in the word daily, when we are praying during the day, having His word on our hearts.  In the past when my kids were really little I had truth packs.  I first heard about these from a pastors wife at one of our church conferences. At the time my kids were 3 or 4th grade and younger.  What are truth packs?  They are bound index cards,  that you right verses on.  They are usually sectioned by topic.  So you might have one about anxiety, about parenthood, about who you are as a child of God. Being in the word of God daily is the key.

     I also like journaling what I am reading in the Bible.  I like to also write prayer request in my journal.  I also try and take notes at church during the sermon and that goes in my journal as well.  Our church has small groups (a group of people the are basically in the same stage of life), home groups (so this is a group of people in different stages of like), we also have a once a month during the school year Women Connecting With Women, we also have a mom's time once a month and also a Women's Bible Study once or twice a month.  My point in telling you all this is that as wives and moms we need to look for opportunities to be with other believers so we can learn from each other.  I have learned for other women in our church, how to speak with God's wisdom.

     So my challenge for you ladies is this.  Read you Bible every day for 30 days, make a truth pack for some area in your life that you would like quick verse references for, and finally find a women's group or Bible study at your church and attend it.

Until Next Time,
Pitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Creative Culture

      So Kezi and I had a little girls time earlier this month.  We tried out a DIY Art Studio in Downtown Omaha.  We loved all of the DIY p...